Iluka medical centre is 100 % bulk billing practice for all the patients who hold Medicare card. Patients with no Medicare card will be privately charged.
Private fees for the services which cannot be billed to Medicare:
- Insurance Medical
- Commercial drive medical
- Cancelled Driving Licence
- Dive Medicals
– No payment is required if the appointment is covered by Medicare, Private fees apply for procedures etc..
– All other accounts are expected to be paid at the completion of your consultation. We accept cash, eftpos and most credit cards.
– If there are special circumstances or personal hardships please discuss these with your doctor at the time of consultation.
– A standard consultation at this practice costs minimum $60.00 overdue accounts may attract a 10% interest if not paid within 30 days
The receptionist will be able to assist you in most cases, however if you wish to speak to your doctor, he/she may have to return your call when consultations have ended.
Patients must make an appointment for repeat prescriptions. They will not be issued without being seen by the GP
REFERRALS TO SPECIALISTS
If the doctor considers that a medical need exists for specialist treatment a referral will be provided. It is therefore important to make an appointment with the doctor who will discuss your problem with you and help you to decide on the appropriate course of action.
For patients who require regular check ups, immunizations and / or screening, we offer a recall service. This is done automatically unless we are advised that you would prefer not to be notified.
Medical certificates are legal documents. In order to obtain a medical certificate for work a consultation with your doctor is required. It is not legal to back date a certificate.
Patients are required to make a follow up appointment to discuss any abnormal results. Normal and INR results can be obtained from our practice nurse.